Superb Summer Cocktails by Moby 3143
Summer is well and truly here and what better way to beat the heat of that glorious Australian sun than with a refreshingly cool cocktail in hand.
Contrary to popular belief, creating that amazing top shelf cocktail isn’t as difficult as you might think. So after speaking with the team at Moby 3143, we present to you our favourite cocktails with a twist.
Muddled Rosemary Gin & Tonic:
- Tonic water
- Cucumber (optional)
- Place ice in your glass first to cool the glass itself.
- Take 2 springs of rosemary, bruise & muddle with a generous dash of gin and some lemon (using the back of a spoon).
- Strain and add to glass, top with tonic water.
- Serve with sprig of rosemary and lemon slice. You can also add cucumber to this if you desire.
Basil & lime Cooler:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Handful basil leaves
- 1 lime
- Soda water
- Make your basil syrup
- Combine water, caster sugar and handful of basil leaves in saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar and leave to simmer for approx. 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Into your cocktail shaker, place your ice, 1 part basil syrup into 1.5 parts vodka and the juice from one lime.
- Strain into short glass.
- Add basil leaves and top with soda water.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil.
This summer seems to be all about the Frozen Rosé, but if you don’t have the time or the patience to wait for the wine to freeze, we have found an incredibly simple substitute.
Pour your choice of pink moscato over a large glass of ice and you have a refreshing summer drink with a punch of sweetness.
From all of us at Moby 3143, cheers!